Re: Calling a .NET Assembly from an ASP.NET page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Spencer, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Do yoou mean that it calls a method of a class in an assembly? You may want
    to make the method call run in a separate thread.

    See the following MSDN article for an example:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/cssample/html/vcsamthreadingsample.asp
    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Complex things are made up of
    lots of simple things.

    "Eric Levin" <> wrote in message
    > I have an ASP.NET page that is passes parameters to an Assembly, and then
    > executes a procedure.
    > This basically works, but the only problem is that this assembly takes

    about
    > 15 minutes to run.
    >
    > What I want is to have the ASP.NET get the control back as soon as the
    > assembly begins executing.
    > Basically have the assembly run in the background, and when finished it

    will

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 5, 2003