Re: Calling a Perl Module from Python ( future direction of Python)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Holden, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Steve Holden

    Steve Holden Guest

    gf gf wrote:
    > Really! That's a pity... Instead of trying to
    > recreate a repository the size of CPAN, a Python
    > interface to Perl modules is really called for.

    Something like pyperl, for example?

    > Instead of fretting over decorator syntax and
    > lispiness, might I suggest that development efforts be
    > directed to this? Developers, are you listening?
    > Guido?
    >
    > PS And I don't mean waiting for Perl 6 to condense...

    Yes, the development team don't have anything better to do than listen
    to the opinions of people who don't even identify themselves. I'm sure
    you have proved your dedication to Python so explicitly that they'll
    already be working on this problem :)

    You might also look at the work Richard Jones and others did on PyPI
    during their PyCon sprint. Richard was confident that PyPI

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Steve Holden

    Paul Boddie Guest

    Steve Holden <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > You might also look at the work Richard Jones and others did on PyPI
    > during their PyCon sprint. Richard was confident that PyPI

    Hmmm. It would appear that this information wasn't "cleared" by the PSU. ;-)

    Paul
    Paul Boddie, Apr 7, 2005