Re: Calling a WS-Security web-service from ASP Application via ASP.NET or .NET Class using interop

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Patrick, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    I suppose using the Interop approach to get ASP page to call a .NET Class
    (via interop) to make the web-service call (as indicated at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817248#6 is going to
    be a bit "better" than posting from the ASP Page on the server side using
    XMLHTTP to an ASP.NET page, isn't it?

    (Please also refer to the reponse I have from Steven Cheng [MSFT] at
    news:microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet entitled "Re: Calling a X.509
    Auth web-service with MSXML2.HTTP from ASP Application" dated 15 Sep 2004
    02:32:39 GMT in regards to the ViewState issue when posting from ASP to
    ASP.NET on a serverside, in order to get the ASP.NET page to make a
    web-service call).

    There shouldn't be any issues with calling a web-service from a .NET Class
    library (as opposed to an ASP.NET or Forms application), should it?

    (Please forgive me for cross-posting, as I thought this subject spans
    multiple technologies and may be of interest to people as well in these
    newsgroups)

    Patrick, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    I started a new topic "Re: Cannot instantiate .NET Class Library to expose
    webservice client library" at
    nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

    Patrick, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Thanks for your followup Patrick,

    We'll check the thread in that group and update you as soon as possbile.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Oct 1, 2004