Re: Calling .NET Assembly from JavaScript...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Web browsers are not equipped to handle anything but HTTP. And scripting
    languages alone cannot handle the task.
    Therefore you'll have to fatten up your client a bit with some custom code.
    Maybe an ActiveX control in the browser, or ditch the browser altogether and
    go with a windows forms app.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD

    "arc" <> wrote in message
    > I have a requirement to call .NET assembly (Custom component) from thin
    > client Page (ASPX).
    > This Assembly talks only TCP/IP with an external server and hence cannot
    > interact over HTTP.
    > That's the reason I am trying to make a call from the Client Script so

    that
    > the information could be captured from screen, sent to the Assembly
    > and is fired by the Client Script itself because the Assembly as such is
    > dumb
    >
    > Is there a way to perform this? Or should it be done only by a Thick

    Windows
    > Client?
    > Here is a sample code within which I would like to make a call to this
    > Assembly.
    >
    > <%@ Register TagPrefix="UITemplate" TagName="TTop" Src="include/top.ascx"

    %>

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 22, 2003