Re: Calling .NET Assembly from JavaScript...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ken Dopierala Jr., Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    I don't know how you can get around using HTTP. But the way I do it is
    to wrap what I need in a Web Service and then use the webservice.htc control
    to retrieve it from the client-side. Works sweet and if you do a search for
    'webservice.htc' on MSDN you'll find a bunch of great links telling you
    everything you need to know. I use it to return both classes and arrays of
    classes. Be sure to use just a normal Array object though. If you use an
    ArrayList then IE has trouble with it and just gives it to you as an XML
    string instead of a nice object. Good luck. Ken.

    "arc" <> wrote in message
    > I have a requirement to call .NET assembly (Custom component) from thin
    > client Page (ASPX).
    > This Assembly talks only TCP/IP with an external server and hence cannot
    > interact over HTTP.
    > That's the reason I am trying to make a call from the Client Script so

    that
    > the information could be captured from screen, sent to the Assembly
    > and is fired by the Client Script itself because the Assembly as such is
    > dumb
    >
    > Is there a way to perform this? Or should it be done only by a Thick

    Windows
    > Client?
    > Here is a sample code within which I would like to make a call to this
    > Assembly.
    >
    > <%@ Register TagPrefix="UITemplate" TagName="TTop" Src="include/top.ascx"

    %>

    Ken Dopierala Jr., Jul 22, 2003