Re: calloc fails and returns NULL

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Philip Lantz, Nov 7, 2012.

  1. Philip Lantz

    Philip Lantz Guest

    k2ibegining wrote:

    > in one of our application's module, calloc() is failing and returning
    > NULL. The amount of memory that it is trying to allocate is of
    > structure which is of 9292 bytes. The operating system is AIX 7.1 and
    > running VIOS 2.2.1.3.
    >
    > The machine has 2+GB ram and does not seems to have an issue with lack
    > of memory. The same application module is running fine on one of the
    > other boxes, which has same configurations as the problematic
    > box.
    >
    > I'm clueless as can't really figure out why calloc() is failing even
    > for 9292 bytes on this box.
    >
    > Thanks

    Possibly your heap has been corrupted by either: freeing a block that
    was not returned by malloc, calloc, or realloc; freeing a block more
    than once; or writing beyond the end of an allocated block and
    overwriting some of malloc's heap management data.

    Philip Lantz, Nov 7, 2012