Re: Can anyone write this recursion for simple regexp morebeautifully and clearly than the braggarts

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by gavino, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. gavino

    gavino Guest

    On Sep 1, 7:20 pm, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > On Sep 1, 11:25 pm, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    >

    > > In <>,

    > > spinoza1111wrote:
    > > > On Aug 30, 2:30 pm, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:

    > > <snip>

    > > > Don't make mock of my patronym

    > > From Chambers: "*bilge* noun 1a the broadest part of a ship's bottom;
    > > b (usually bilges) the lowermost parts on the inside of a ship's
    > > hull, below the floorboards. 2 (also bilge-water) the dirty water
    > > that collects in a ship's bilge. 3 /rather dated colloq/ rubbish,
    > > nonsense, drivel."

    > > I can see why you might object to the use of the neologism
    > > "nilgewater", but I see no sensible reason for objecting to the
    > > perfectly normal word "bilgewater". One might reasonably object to a
    > > particular application thereof in a given context, but the word
    > > itself is surely unobjectionable.

    > Well, Dickon,
    >
    > What think'st thou Norfolke.
    > Nor. A good direction warlike Soueraigne,
    > This found I on my Tent this Morning.
    > Iockey of Norfolke, be not so bold,
    > For Dickon thy maister is bought and sold.
    >
    > I still object to "bilge", etc., because you are like a child making
    > fun of my patronym.
    >
    > You are a dull Fellowe
    > With a streak of bright Yellowe
    > Who when he loses an argument
    > Says 'tis not what I meant,
    > And who makes a child's game
    > Out of a person's father's name
    > Because unlike myself
    > Thou hast no Pelf
    > In the wealthe that lieth in words
    > Your posties they are for the birds.
    > A Yank can yank your chaine
    > And cause you paine, knowing he
    > More than you about your paternitie,
    > The English language you have lost.
    >
    > Jockey of Heathfield, be not so bold
    > We're tired of you, and you're gettin' old.
    >

    > > <snip>

    > > --
    > > Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk>
    > > Email: -http://www. +rjh@
    > > "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
    > > Sig line vacant - apply within

    wow you brits crack me, no wonder been at war for 300 years

    gavino, Sep 2, 2009

  2. gavino

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Sep 2, 3:28 pm, gavino <> wrote:
    > On Sep 1, 7:20 pm,spinoza1111<> wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 1, 11:25 pm, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:

    > > > <snip>

    > > > From Chambers: "*bilge* noun 1a the broadest part of a ship's bottom;
    > > > b (usually bilges) the lowermost parts on the inside of a ship's
    > > > hull, below the floorboards. 2 (also bilge-water) the dirty water
    > > > that collects in a ship's bilge. 3 /rather dated colloq/ rubbish,
    > > > nonsense, drivel."

    > > > I can see why you might object to the use of the neologism
    > > > "nilgewater", but I see no sensible reason for objecting to the
    > > > perfectly normal word "bilgewater". One might reasonably object to a
    > > > particular application thereof in a given context, but the word
    > > > itself is surely unobjectionable.

    > > Well, Dickon,

    > > What think'st thou Norfolke.
    > > Nor. A good direction warlike Soueraigne,
    > > This found I on my Tent this Morning.
    > > Iockey of Norfolke, be not so bold,
    > > For Dickon thy maister is bought and sold.

    > > I still object to "bilge", etc., because you are like a child making
    > > fun of my patronym.

    > > You are a dull Fellowe
    > > With a streak of bright Yellowe
    > > Who when he loses an argument
    > > Says 'tis not what I meant,
    > > And who makes a child's game
    > > Out of a person's father's name
    > > Because unlike myself
    > > Thou hast no Pelf
    > > In the wealthe that lieth in words
    > > Your posties they are for the birds.
    > > A Yank can yank your chaine
    > > And cause you paine, knowing he
    > > More than you about your paternitie,
    > > The English language you have lost.

    > > Jockey of Heathfield, be not so bold
    > > We're tired of you, and you're gettin' old.

    > > > <snip>

    > > > --
    > > > Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk>
    > > > Email: -http://www. +rjh@
    > > > "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
    > > > Sig line vacant - apply within

    > wow you brits crack me, no wonder been at war for 300 years- Hide quoted text -

    Hey, Reading Rainbow, I'm a Yank, and it says so in the post. I am
    carrying the battle to the enemy as did John Paul Jones when he
    invaded Britain during the Revolutionary war.

    spinoza1111, Sep 2, 2009

  3. gavino

    luserXtrog Guest

    On Sep 2, 5:09 am, spinoza1111 <> wrote:
    > On Sep 2, 3:28 pm, gavino <> wrote:

    > > > Well, Dickon,

    > > > What think'st thou Norfolke.
    > > > Nor. A good direction warlike Soueraigne,
    > > > This found I on my Tent this Morning.
    > > > Iockey of Norfolke, be not so bold,
    > > > For Dickon thy maister is bought and sold.

    > > > I still object to "bilge", etc., because you are like a child making
    > > > fun of my patronym.

    > > > You are a dull Fellowe
    > > > With a streak of bright Yellowe
    > > > Who when he loses an argument
    > > > Says 'tis not what I meant,
    > > > And who makes a child's game
    > > > Out of a person's father's name
    > > > Because unlike myself
    > > > Thou hast no Pelf
    > > > In the wealthe that lieth in words
    > > > Your posties they are for the birds.
    > > > A Yank can yank your chaine
    > > > And cause you paine, knowing he
    > > > More than you about your paternitie,
    > > > The English language you have lost.

    > > > Jockey of Heathfield, be not so bold
    > > > We're tired of you, and you're gettin' old.

    > > wow you brits crack me, no wonder been at war for 300 years- Hide quoted text -

    > Hey, Reading Rainbow, I'm a Yank, and it says so in the post. I am
    > carrying the battle to the enemy as did John Paul Jones when he
    > invaded Britain during the Revolutionary war.

    The dude from Zeppelin?!

    --
    appendix

    luserXtrog, Sep 2, 2009
  4. gavino

    spinoza1111 Guest

    On Sep 2, 8:10 pm, luserXtrog <> wrote:
    > On Sep 2, 5:09 am,spinoza1111<> wrote:

    > > > wow you brits crack me, no wonder been at war for 300 years- Hide quoted text -

    > > Hey, Reading Rainbow, I'm a Yank, and it says so in the post. I am
    > > carrying the battle to the enemy as did John Paul Jones when he
    > > invaded Britain during the Revolutionary war.

    > The dude from Zeppelin?!

    Oh never mind...eye roll...deep, deep sigh...crotch grab...

    spinoza1111, Sep 2, 2009