Re: Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alexey Smirnov, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. On Dec 16, 5:14 pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:
    > I used VS2008 with frameword3.5.
    >
    > I want to install vs2010 beta2.
    >
    > Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?

    I have vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc.

    Alexey Smirnov, Dec 16, 2009

  2. Alexey Smirnov

    SteveT Guest

    On Dec 16, 5:37 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Dec 16, 5:14 pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:
    >
    > > I used VS2008 with frameword3.5.

    > > I want to install vs2010 beta2.

    > > Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?

    > > --

    > I have vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc.

    I tried it and VS2010 wouldn't work. I was able to install it and open/
    convert a VS2008 project. When I tried to open any page in the
    project, I got an invalid pointer error and the bloody thing locked
    up. I tried it on a couple of projects with the same results. I
    ended up uninstalling 2010.

    If the resolution to this is in your snurl link, brother Greg, my dear
    employer blocks access to social sites.

    Steve T.

    SteveT, Dec 17, 2009

  3. On Dec 17, 5:59 pm, SteveT <> wrote:
    > On Dec 16, 5:37 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Dec 16, 5:14 pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:

    > > > I used VS2008 with frameword3.5.

    > > > I want to install vs2010 beta2.

    > > > Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?

    > > > --

    > > I have vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc.

    > I tried it and VS2010 wouldn't work. I was able to install it and open/
    > convert a VS2008 project.  When I tried to open any page in the
    > project, I got an invalid pointer error and the bloody thing locked
    > up.  I tried it on a couple of projects with the same results.  I
    > ended up uninstalling 2010.
    >
    > If the resolution to this is in your snurl link, brother Greg, my dear
    > employer blocks access to social sites.
    >
    > Steve T.

    it's beta, and it's still buggy... I'm using it every day for two of
    my projects (.NET 3.5). It works, but I'd suggest to wait for RTM

    Alexey Smirnov, Dec 17, 2009