Re: can NOT change the position of a WebUserControl on page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rick Spiewak, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Rick Spiewak

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    Right-click on the page, and select properties. Change the layout to Grid.

    "Christian" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I try to change the position of a WebUserControl on my WEbform by

    changing
    > the absolute position in the html-code but it does not work.
    >
    > <uc1:LottoWebUserControl id="m_gridControl" style="Z-INDEX: 107; LEFT:
    > 300px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 220px"
    > runat="server"></uc1:LottoWebUserControl>
    > The control always stays at the same position , some where topleft on

    the

    Rick Spiewak, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Rick Spiewak

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    I don't know if your control needs to read its own attributes and position
    itself at runtime, but I'm wondering if that is a possibility.

    "Christian" <> wrote in message
    > It is already set to gridLayout.
    > The strange thing is that when I change the position of for example a
    > standard control (say a button) that the change is reflected at run time.
    >
    > But not with the usercontrol.
    > at design-time no problem : when I drag my usercontrol to another position
    > at design-time is the change reflected in the html-code (or vice-versa by
    > changing the position in the html-code is the usercontrol's position

    changed

    Rick Spiewak, Jul 24, 2003