Re: Cancel threads after timeout

Discussion in 'Python' started by Matt Jones, Jan 26, 2013.

  1. Matt Jones

    Matt Jones Guest

    It sounds like your real problem is with your SQL query... Is that part of
    this problem under your control? Can you break the query into smaller,
    quicker, pieces that you can run in a reasonable amount of time?

    If not, nesting threads might be your best programmatic solution. Heed
    Jason's warning though that the SQL Server my still be working even if you
    cancel an operation from the outside (which could compound your problem).

    *Matt Jones*

    Matt Jones, Jan 26, 2013