Re: cannot get this regex to work!

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Jürgen Exner, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. Geoff Cox <> wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I have just come back to regex to change a whole lot the x values in
    >for example to the number/s (this can be 1, 2 or 3 digits) following
    >the under score character, but cannot get it to work.
    >
    >So for example,
    >
    ><fred figure2_312.bmp" Get1(x)>
    >
    >becomes
    >
    ><fred figure2_3=312.bmp" Get1(3)>

    use warnings; use strict;
    $_ = '<fred figure2_312.bmp" Get1(x)>';
    s/_(\d)/_=$1/;
    my $x = $1;
    s/x/$x/;
    print;

    BTW: this NG has been officially deleted over a decade ago and replaced
    with the whole comp.lang.perl.* hierarchie.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Apr 8, 2008

  2. Jürgen Exner

    kmcmilla

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Really make money quick

    Subject: Make 1000 dollars over night
    Turn $6 into $6,000!!! No Scam, Read!!!!!!! HOW TO TURN $6 INTO
    $6,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS REALLY CAN MAKE YOU EASY
    MONEY!! IT WORKS !!! BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW IT TO THE LETTER FOR IT TO
    WORK!!!! A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroup, just
    like you are now and came across an article similar to this that said
    you could make thousands dollars within weeks with only an initial
    investment of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah, right, this must be a scam",
    but like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. : Anyway, it
    said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and address stated in
    the article. You then place your own name and address in the bottom of
    the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroup. (There
    are thousands) No catch, that was it. So after thinking it over, and
    talking to few people first, I thought about trying it. I figured what
    have I got to lose except 6 stamps and $6.00, right? Like most of us I
    was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal aspects of
    it : All, So I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office
    (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal! Then I
    invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS WHAT!!?. Within 7 days, I started
    getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I figured it would end soon,
    but the money just kept coming in. In my first week, I made about
    $25.00. By the end second week I had made a total over $1,000.00! In
    the third week I had over $10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is
    now my fourth week and I have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and
    it's still coming in rapidly. Its : Certainly worth $6.00, and 6
    stamps, I have spent more than that on the lottery!! Let me tell you
    HOW this works and most importantly, WHY it works! Also, make sure you
    print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get the information off of
    it as you need it. STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the
    following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST."
    Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of
    paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope to prevent
    thievery. Next, place one paper in each stating the above phrase, your
    name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a
    service by this. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! Mail the 6 envelopes to the
    following addresses: #1)Matthew Shilinski 925 Ryecroft Court. Severna
    Park, MD 21146 #2)Sherry Birkinbine 900 E. Lyon Apt 2 Des Moines, IA
    50309 #3)Tony Childs 5339 east ocean blvd. # F, Long Beach,Ca 90803
    #4)Tawny Cole 3512 Lockport St. Las Vegas, NV 89129
    #5)Matthew Dickerson, 548 Lake St, Morgantown WV 26505#6) Chad Hinkle
    701 Western Apt 319 97501
    STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the
    other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc?.) and add YOUR Name as
    number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to
    keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your
    amended article to at least 200 newsgroups, message board. (I think
    there are close to 24,000 groups) All you need is 200, but remember,
    the more you post, the more money you make! ---- DIRECTIONS----HOW TO
    POST TO NEWSGROUPS, MESSAGE BOARD---------- A) You do not need to
    re-type this entire letter to do your own posting. Simply put your
    cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag your : Cursor to the
    bottom of this document, and select 'copy' from the edit menu. This
    will copy the entire letter into the computer memory. B) Open a blank
    'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of the blank page. From
    the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of the letter
    into notepad so that you can add your name to the list. Step 3) save
    your new notepad file as a .txt file. If you want to do your postings
    in different sittings, you'll always have this file to go back to. C)
    Use Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching for various
    newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites, discussions.)
    Just example you log on any search engine like yahoo.com, google.com,
    altavista.com, excite.com. Then you search with this subject:
    millionaire message board, money making message board, employment
    message board, money making discussions, money making forum or business
    message board etc. You will find thousands & thousands of message
    board. Click one by one, then you will find the option, post a new
    message. D) Visit these message boards and post this article as a new
    message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste
    from the edit menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header that
    everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings in a
    particular group, click the post message button. You're done with your
    first one!. : Congratulations! THAT'S IT! All you have to do is jump to
    different newsgroups and post away, after you get the hang of it, and
    it will take about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! ** REMEMBER, THE MORE
    NEWSGROUPS OR MESSAGE BOARD YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU EILL MAKE!!
    BUT YOU HAVE TO POST A MINIMUM OF 200** That's it! You will begin
    receiving money from around the world within days! You may eventually
    can rent a P.O. Box due to the large amount of mail you will receive.
    If you wish to stay anonymous, you can invent a name to use, as long as
    the postman will deliver it. **JUST MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE
    CORRECT. ** : Now the WHY part: Out of 200 postings, say I receive only
    5 replies (a very low example). So then I Made $5.00 with my name at #6
    on the letter. Now, each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1.00 make
    the MINIMUM 200 postings, each with my name at #5 and only 5 persons
    respond to each of the original 5, that is another $25.00 for me, now
    those 25 each make 200 MINIMUM posts with my name at #4 and only 5
    replies each, I will bring in an additional :$125.00! Now, those 125
    persons turn around and post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #3 and
    only receive 5 replies each, I will make an additional $625.00! OK, now
    here is the fun part, each of those 625 persons post a MINIMUM 200
    letters with my name at #2 and they only receive 5 replies, that just
    made me $3,125.00!!! Those 3,125 persons will all deliver this message
    to 200 newsgroups with my name at #1 and if still 5 persons per 200
    newsgroups react I will receive $15,625.00! With an original investment
    of only $6.00! AMAZING! When your name is no longer on the list, you
    just take latest posting in the newsgroups, and send out another $6.00
    to names on the list, putting your name at number 6 again. And start
    posting again. The thing to remember is, do you realize that thousands
    of people all over the world are joining the internet and reading these
    articles everyday, JUST LIKE YOU are now!! So can you afford $6.. and
    see if it really works!! I know it to be true! People have said, 'what
    if the plan is played out and no one sends you: the money? So what are
    the chances of that happening when there are tons of new honest users
    and new honest people who are joining the internet and newsgroups
    everyday and are willing to give it a try? Estimates are at 20,000 to
    50,000 new users, every day, with thousands of those joining the actual
    Internet. Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY and this will work.
    most people think this is a scam, but you actually do get thousands of
    dollars out of it, it is NOT another stupid scam, if people follow
    through with sending out $6, it works!!!!!

    kmcmilla, Apr 10, 2008