Re: Cannot write file, cannot do variable length packets

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Mike Wahler, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Mike Wahler

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Marcia Hon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Here is my code. In clientFileList3.c, function create_List_of_Files, I
    > cannot create a file. It was working at one point but now it does not

    work.
    > Also, I would like to send variable length packets, but do not know how to
    > accomplish this.

    1. Please do NOT post attachments here.

    2. Most of your code (the network stuff) is not standard, but
    platform/library specific, thus not topical here.

    3. If you want help with the standard i/o parts (e.g. 'fopen()',
    etc.), put together a small, compilable example using only
    standard code, and ask specific questions about it.

    4. Note that the 'fopen()' function will only indicate success or
    failure to open a file, but not *why* it failed if it did.
    That's in the domain of the operating system. Check your
    compiler and/or OS documenation.

    5. Before posting here again, please read:
    http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

    Thank you.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Feb 8, 2004