Re: Can't connect to remote sql server from asp.net buk ok from Enterprise Manager

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    you must use tcp/ip and standard security for your configuration to work.
    named pipes requires an authenticated connection and is subject to the one
    hop rule. turn off named pipe support on your sqlserver and see if you can
    still connect.

    -- bruce

    "karim" <> wrote in message

    > I have an asp.net app that can connect from my development box to a
    > database server.
    >
    > However the same app, when put on a web server box, can't connect to that
    > database server. Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer on the web server
    > can connect just fine. I am using SQL Server authentication. aspnet user

    is

    bruce barker, Jul 18, 2003