Re: Can't get it centered...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 3, 2008.

  1. Art wrote:

    > Just started working with a template, and it's centered in Firefox,
    > but now IE doesn't center it. (It should be centered.)

    Sorry, I don't have IE to test with, though your CSS looks like it
    should work. You have a properly set margin: 0 auto;

    > I can't figure out what the problem is; don't use CSS all that much
    > and I didn't write the template. Can anyone see what I'm missing
    > here?

    > http://accursos.com

    May I suggest you remove that bogus body { font: normal 62.5%; ... } and
    change it to 100% ? Somewhere, someone, has come up with the decidedly
    unbrilliant idea to use 60-something percent as the base font. That is a
    Bad Ideaâ„¢. Then set any non-main-content size (headings and footnotes)
    only, to a different percentage. See:

    http://tekrider.net/html/fontsize.php

    I would also drop the specific pixel widths on #wrapper and #container,
    making #wrapper about: width: 90% and #container about: width: 98%.
    This makes for a flexible page. You would need to adjust a couple of
    other things as well .. the light grey content background...

    http://tekrider.net/pages/faq.php?q=flex

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 3, 2008