Re: Can't move that dialog box!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Jun 21, 2010.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    JSoul <> wrote:

    > I've got a site appearing here:
    >
    > http://www.boldplan.com/s/tiny/tRvebO
    >
    > It validates. But when you click the "login" link in the main menu,

    There is trouble before you do anything like this. It may not
    appear for you if you have set what I would consider a small text
    size for your browser. Try Firefox and go to the Zoom text only
    menu and increase the text up a bit and look at what happens from
    the L in Login to the last R in Register.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 21, 2010

  2. JSoul wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:30:48 +1000, dorayme<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In article<>,
    >> JSoul<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've got a site appearing here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.boldplan.com/s/tiny/tRvebO
    >>>
    >>> It validates. But when you click the "login" link in the main menu,

    >> There is trouble before you do anything like this. It may not
    >> appear for you if you have set what I would consider a small text
    >> size for your browser. Try Firefox and go to the Zoom text only
    >> menu and increase the text up a bit and look at what happens from
    >> the L in Login to the last R in Register.

    > What's the problem? I zoomed in and out and everything appears as it
    > should..

    Note what dorayme said: "Try Firefox and go to the Zoom text only" this
    is akin to having your default or min font size to something larger
    16px. (Hint: not everyone has 20-20 vision). Your pixel-perfect design
    is *very* brittle. Read up on the unit "em"

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO