Re: Can't seem to start on this

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kene Meniru, Jan 3, 2013.

  1. Kene Meniru

    Kene Meniru Guest

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

    > That works too. It's just that you had users writing Python code but
    > assumed that a three line subclass was beyond them. Not requiring them
    > to write any Python code is a better option than the first one (global
    > variables) that you proposed. That's all I am trying to say.

    I understand.

    >> program behaves or perhaps a building component. In that case any of
    >> the other modules can be updated instead of "A". Actually "A" will
    >> not be part of the packaged program.

    > Or "A" becomes the script that parses the config file and runs the
    > other code.

    Yes. To be more precise, later I will create "A_Interface" to provide the
    user with an interface for creating the contents of "A". "A_Interface" will
    then parse "A", calling "B" as required to create the artifact. I had wanted
    to jump into "A_Interface" using something like urwid or PyQt but it makes
    sense to work with "A" directly for now.

    Thanks for taking the time to understand.

    Kene Meniru, Jan 3, 2013