Re: Can't seem to start on this

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mitya Sirenef, Jan 3, 2013.

  1. On 01/03/2013 07:53 AM, Kene Meniru wrote:
    > Mitya Sirenef wrote:
    >

    >> So, how many instances do you want to make.. what kind of different
    >> functionality / properties they will have?
    >>
    >> - mitya
    >>

    > I am porting a modeling system I created using POV-Ray scene description
    > language available at sourceforge at
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/kobldes/
    >
    > The user can create as many marks as possible (limited by memory

    available).
    > The difference between each mark are the parameters provided i.e. name,
    > length, and position in the scene. If the user wishes to customize

    part of
    > the program they must update the classes or create new ones before

    using it
    > in the scene. File "A" in my previous illustrations can be considered

    the
    > scene file.

    I'm not familiar with POV-Ray. I want to note that with python standard
    style, class names look like this: ClassName, instances look like this:
    instance_name; it sounds like you want LMark to be an instance? Or you
    want instances in A to use class naming style?

    Second, is the LMark instance only used to perform one set of actions?
    If that's the case, you can have users instantiate it in A and the
    __init__ method will do the set of actions you need -- this will be just
    as easy for the user as the alternative.

    -m

    Mitya Sirenef, Jan 3, 2013