Re: CardLayout & setting focus problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by RedGrittyBrick, Feb 3, 2010.

  1. JKW wrote:
    > Hello - I'm using CardLayout to edit few cards of information.
    > Unfortunatelly there is problem - when I show next card - text box on next
    > card don't receives focus automaticaly. Calling requestFocusInWindow method
    > does not work to.

    It should.

    It usually helps to post a small compilable example that illustrates
    your problem. http://sscce.org

    > Could you help me.

    Please don't multipost, crosspost instead. Ideally use one newsgroup.

    When are you calling requestFocusInWindow()?

    RedGrittyBrick, Feb 3, 2010

  2. In article <hkc6tt$5jf$>,
    "JKW" <> wrote:

    > I tried to get help from group comp.lang.java.gui
    > and nobody even tried to help me.

    Possibly, you overlooked my response there:

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.gui/browse_frm/thread/577f46430644bb7>

    > (I don't know what mistakes I had)

    I would welcome your follow-up if anything becomes apparent. As RGB
    suggested, an <http://sscce.org> is invaluable in tracking such thing
    down.

    --
    John B. Matthews