Re: Cell Height in print preview

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Black Mage, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Black Mage

    Black Mage Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 21:17:29 +0100, Darren King wrote:

    Have you tried the css "max-width" property? I am unsure of it's support
    in MSIE... try setting it.

    Black Mage, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Black Mage

    Darren King Guest

    Black Mage,

    I found this tag today as it goes and tried it, however it seems that it can
    not be used on Tables.

    I know said I am not fussed about cross browser compatibility but I did try
    it in Netscape just to see and after fixing a problem in the CSS it did
    display the page but expanded the cell even in the browser.

    I also tried putting the text inside a DIV tag and setting the following
    settings on that

    div
    {
    height: 22mm;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

    This seemed to do the same, it worked in the browser and not in Print
    Preview or Print, (Seemed to work fine in Netscape) Problem is most people
    use IE

    I have also found out the MSIE 5 seems to work fine, should I put this down
    to a Bug in IE6 or IE5?

    Either way is there a way Of getting round the issue, Or is there a way of
    laying out the page not using tables?

    Again any help appreciated

    Cheers

    Darren