Re: Centering inline elements

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mark Parnell, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Mark Parnell

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:18:35 -0700, Aeden Jameson <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > I'm having a horrible time centering inline elements in IE 6.

    text-align: center;

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Sep 15, 2004

  2. The problem is that I Don't want to center everything in the header and the
    text-align attribute is set in the parent element of the inline tag you want
    to center.

    Cheers,
    Aeden

    Cheers,
    Aeden

    Aeden Jameson, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:20:14 -0700, Aeden Jameson <> wrote:

    > The problem is that I Don't want to center everything in the header and
    > the
    > text-align attribute is set in the parent element of the inline tag you
    > want
    > to center.

    content in that.
    IT to text-align: center, and put the centered
    create a div which sits inside the header and set
    Then instead of applying center to the .header,
    Neal, Sep 15, 2004