Re: Changing a Value in List of lists

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Sep 2, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 9/2/2012 7:17 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    > On 02/09/2012 12:05, Rishabh Dixit wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I got it :). We should create a new list every time before adding to a
    >> list
    >> of list so that instead repeating the reference a new reference generated
    >> every time.
    >>

    > Please don't top post on this list as it often destroys the context,
    > thanks.

    In this particular case, OP could and should have trimmed off everything
    other than the top post, as it stands alone. Then it would not have been
    a top post ;-).

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Sep 2, 2012

  2. On Sunday, 2 September 2012 23:40:32 UTC+5:30, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 9/2/2012 7:17 AM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    >
    > > On 02/09/2012 12:05, Rishabh Dixit wrote:

    > >> Hi,

    > >> I got it :). We should create a new list every time before adding to a

    > >> list

    > >> of list so that instead repeating the reference a new reference generated

    > >> every time.

    > > Please don't top post on this list as it often destroys the context,

    > > thanks.

    > In this particular case, OP could and should have trimmed off everything
    >
    > other than the top post, as it stands alone. Then it would not have been
    >
    > a top post ;-).
    >

    > --
    >
    > Terry Jan Reedy

    Sorry for the inconvenience. I would not do it again.

    Rishabh Dixit, Sep 3, 2012

    Rishabh Dixit, Sep 3, 2012