Re: characted encoding problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by DU, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. DU

    DU Guest

    highland wrote:
    > Hello
    > I write my html page in my native language (Polish),
    > so i always set "Encoding Page" :
    > <META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2"
    > but, browsers does not respect that, they always want to browse
    > using western iso-8859-1.
    > I netscape navigator 7 i set:
    > Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Fonts Font for Central Europe
    > Edit/Preferences/Languages Polish and Default Characte encoding iso8859-2
    > but it did not help, if i set by hand in browser iso8859-2 it looks
    > fine, but when i reload page there is again iso8859-1. Why ?
    > Similar problems in IE6.
    > Could anybody help ?
    >
    > Thanx
    > Michal

    Regarding MSIE 6 for Windows, I remember that there is a setting you
    should verify in Windows XP for displaying accordingly iso-8859-3
    (iso-latin 3, south European languages like Maltese), because by default
    it is not checked even though MSDN claimed in their page to support
    iso-latin-3. So, I don't suspect this is also the case for iso-8859-2 but...

    Start/Settings/Control Panel/Regional and Languages Options/Advanced
    tab/Code page conversion table textarea and here verify that
    28592 (ISO-8859-2 Central Europe)
    checkbox is duly checked.

    DU
    --