    Phil Winstanley
    Microsoft ASP.NET MVP
    http://www.myservicescentral.com
    Phil Winstanley [Microsoft MVP ASP.NET], Jun 20, 2004

  2. Thanks for the ideas Phil. The thought of creating a small application
    slightly crossed my mind but i'm not sure on how i would tell the
    application to check for the existance of the dll when someone browses to a
    particular page.
    The use case works like this:

    When the clerk goes to the scanning page, the app must check for the
    existance of the scanner's dll file in the Windows\System32 folder.

    I'm not sure how to tell the app to check for the dll when someone browses
    to the scanner page. So essentially, i need to tell Asp.net to call an
    external exe. I'll take a look at wmi and impersonation and see if i can
    find a clear path.
    Thank you for you help.

    Lyndon

    "Phil Winstanley [Microsoft MVP ASP.NET]" <> wrote in
    message news:cb4nac$...

    lyndon hughey, Jun 21, 2004