Re: Check keyword density for URL with https

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. "John Bokma" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> Maybe because going to a supermarket works a bit better then clicking
    > >> on a site, and paying quite some extra money to have it delivered?

    > > Prices on the internet are cheaper in some cases. On the internet
    > > there are both wares and services, not only wares..

    > Yes, I mean an online supermarket is a nice example of both: the wares
    > is what you buy, the service is the home delivery.
    >
    > Anyway:
    >
    > "ZDNet is reporting on another blockbuster year for online shopping.
    > Online shopping was up almost 30 percent over last year." From the
    > article: " Clothing was the top seller in terms of dollar amount, at
    > $5.3 billion total, up 42 percent from last year's revenue, the report
    > said. Computer hardware and peripherals showed the most growth, 126
    > percent, at $4.8 billion. Consumer electronics was the second fastest
    > growing category, garnering $4.8 billion, up 109 percent. People spent
    > $3 billion on books online, up 66 percent, and $2.3 billion on products
    > in the toys/video games category of hardware and software, a drop of 9
    > percent from last year, the study found. "
    >
    > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/01/2037221&from=usenet

    > >> Funny, I have bought books, hardware, complete computers, software
    > >> over the Internet (for example, this year I bought the Blender manual
    > >> and Xara Xtreme).

    > Forgot to mention: 50 UV LEDs :-D.
    >
    > >> I bought all my sites / domains over the Internet.
    > >> Did you get your website and certificates in a shop?

    > > I mostly buy in shops,

    > Yup, me too, mostly because I don't want to pay the extra for home
    > delivery, and also I like to get out of the house now and then.
    >
    > > for example I usually buy even softwares on
    > > shops if they are available.

    > I think it's 50/50 in my case: bought quite some on line, bought quite
    > some in shops. One program I bought in a shop, but all updates I bought
    > online.
    >
    > > I buy from my webhost on the internet but they send me an invoice by
    > > post. In any case you are talking about
    > > electronic articles

    > Books are not that electronic.

    No, they are not.
    They are an exception. People think that books are what they are and that it
    would be more difficult to deceive them.
    However, they are mass products as long as they are common books.
    Would you buy books from my site if they costed less or if you did not find
    them in shops or on other sites?
    Why yes or why no?

    > > which are the things which is easier to sell on
    > > the internet.

    > "Clothing was the top seller in terms of dollar amount" (see above). I
    > know friends who did buy clothes on the Internet. I know people who
    > bought animals (pets: scorpions/tarantulas), plants (seeds), plane
    > tickets etc.

    In which country do you live?
    Are you comparíng sales of clothes on the internet with sales of clothes on
    shops?
    Do you also count Internet shops which have a traditional shop at the same
    time?

    > > But that sounds to be far from the full development of e-commerce.
    > > On the other hand we are going to have more and more control on the
    > > internet nowadays, so I guess that we shall need identify ourselves on
    > > the internet within a few years on NGs as well.

    > You mean show a "passport" on Usenet? I doubt if this will ever happen.

    Do you really think so?
    This is an interesting question.
    I forward this question to other NGs as well.

    > Moreover, the more governements and companies are trying to get control
    > over the Internet, the harder people work to find ways around this. Look
    > at P2P networks, there are already networks that are extremely hard (or
    > even impossible) to find out who is sharing what. (On the other hand,
    > the biggest problem for RIAA and co is probably the media, like 30G
    > rewriteable media, 100G, or more)
    >
    > >> Yes, for some it's a reason: I don't trust it. Some people don't buy
    > >> for that same reason in many normal shops, because they don't trust
    > >> the people working there. That's why specialized shops still can make
    > >> a living. And for the same reason people don't buy in "Joe's price
    > >> attack" but go to such a specialized shop, they don't buy on the
    > >> Internet either.

    > > Are you talking about quality of the services or are about money which
    > > is invested or about
    > > webdesign?

    > With specialized shop I mean a shop that, for example sells only photo
    > and video equipment v.s. a supermarket. Quite a lot of people prefer to
    > go to the first one, because they expect people that know about what
    > they are selling. Those people go there for the personal touch.
    >
    > >> But it's funny that you are moving from phishing to what https was
    > >> made for: secure transactions.

    > > You are insisting on that it is for secure transactions but I am of
    > > the opinion that it is both to protect by encrypting confidential
    > > information and against phishing.

    > How is https on your site going to stop someone to create a copy of your
    > site for a phishing attack?

    It is less likely to say the least.
    Did you count the procentage of https sites which underwent a phishing
    attack and compared this number to the number of http sites which underwent
    similar attacks?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero napisal(a):
    > "John Bokma" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > How is https on your site going to stop someone to create a copy of your
    > > site for a phishing attack?

    > It is less likely to say the least.

    The reason why it is less likely is because a HTTPS site uses public
    key encryption. Phisher may spoof a website but if he sticks to HTTPS,
    he won't be able to decrypt any message sent by the user
    (http://www.pseudonym.org/ssl/ssl_intro.html). The other option is to
    make the fake site use HTTP without encryption, but this will be
    noticed by more cautious users.

    Roman Werpachowski, Jan 3, 2006

  3. "Roman Werpachowski" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero napisal(a):
    > > "John Bokma" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > How is https on your site going to stop someone to create a copy of

    your
    > > > site for a phishing attack?

    > > It is less likely to say the least.

    > The reason why it is less likely is because a HTTPS site uses public
    > key encryption. Phisher may spoof a website but if he sticks to HTTPS,
    > he won't be able to decrypt any message sent by the user
    > (http://www.pseudonym.org/ssl/ssl_intro.html). The other option is to
    > make the fake site use HTTP without encryption, but this will be
    > noticed by more cautious users.

    Thank you Roman

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero