Re: Checking compatibility of a script across Python versionsautomatically

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Jun 19, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 6/18/2012 3:24 PM, Andrew Berg wrote:
    > Are there any tools out there that will parse a script and tell me if it
    > is compatible with an arbitrary version of Python and highlight any

    Not that I know of.

    > incompatibilities? I need to check a few of my scripts that target 3.2
    > to see if I can make them compatible with 3.0 and 3.1 if they aren't
    > already.

    Forget about 3.0. Really. As for 3.1 versus 3.2, there were no core
    syntax changes in 3.2. There were a few, but only a few, enhancements in
    builtin classes. If you have a decent test suite, just run it under 3.1.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Jun 19, 2012