Re: [Chicago] Getting ASCII encoding where unicode wanted under Py3k

Discussion in 'Python' started by Carl Karsten, May 13, 2013.

  1. Carl Karsten

    Carl Karsten Guest

    On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Jonathan Hayward
    <> wrote:

    That is way too much code for me to try and dig into.

    Remove everything not needed to demo it. Replace big strings with
    little strings.

    My guess is it should be 1-3 lines, like

    >>> print('123%(a)s' % {'a': u'\u0161' } )

    123Å¡

    But that works. may need a few other lines, or something.
    It is also possible that there is a setting in your OS that has an effect.

    What OS?

    --
    Carl K

    Carl Karsten, May 13, 2013