Re: Class browser for C++?

Discussion in 'C++' started by 88888 Dihedral, Mar 30, 2013.

  1. Ed Ansonæ–¼ 2013å¹´3月30日星期六UTC+8上åˆ6時47分31秒寫é“:
    > Can anyone suggest a good class browser for C++?
    >

    > I have been using ObjectMaster since it first came out, and it has
    >
    > served me well until now. But it hasn't been updated in a decade or so,
    >
    > and it's not compatible with the new C++11 features.
    >

    > I have looked around, and have found a number of browsers. But I haven't
    >
    > found one that looks like it meets my needs. I hope there's a good one
    >
    > out there that I missed. Here are some of the most important features
    >
    > for me:
    >

    > 1. Display classes, methods and fields in a SmallTalk-like format.
    >
    > 2. Edit classes and methods directly in the browser.
    >
    > 3. Create new methods, and edit parameter lists. [ObjectMaster
    >
    > automatically updates the declaration if I edit the parameter list in
    >
    > the definition.]
    >
    > 4. Provide single-click access to member and type declarations.
    >
    > 5. Show all callers of a given method.
    >
    > 6. Search within a single method.
    >
    > 7. Global search and replace within a project.
    >

    > I do not need (and would not use) integrated compiler support, but I
    >
    > don't mind it being there if it's not in the way.
    >

    > Cost is not a major factor, since I'll be using it professionally for
    >
    > the next decade or so.
    >

    > I would greatly appreciate pointers to information about any available
    >
    > browsers that would meet these requirements.
    >

    > Thanks.
    >

    > /Ed

    I'll suggest that you can check some commercial tools
    such as the C++ builder from Borland. Anyway the cad part
    of programming is another question in a project besides choosing
    the computer languages to be used.
    88888 Dihedral, Mar 30, 2013