Re: Class selector, ID selectors and link pseudo-classes

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. I think I understood it!
    It seems to work now.
    I have to use ">" only if I want to indicate a child but not a descendant
    selector!
    a.visited is no child, only a descendant selector of div
    id="semesterbostader">

    Now I wrote this but the <h2>Semesterbostäder</h2>
    which is contained in <div class="subsection" id="semesterbostader">
    at https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    does not desappear after I click on the links which are within the div
    container.
    Why?
    ..subsection#ovrigt, .subsection#skor-italien,
    ..subsubsection#italien, .subsubsection#sverige,
    ..subsection#heminredning-presentartiklar, .subsection#semesterbostader
    A:visited { display:none;}

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 4, 2005

    Now I wrote this but the <h2>Semesterbostäder</h2>
    which is contained in <div class="subsection" id="semesterbostader">
    at https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
    does not desappear after clicking on the links which are within the div
    container.
    Why?
    .subsection#ovrigt, .subsection#skor-italien,
    .subsubsection#italien, .subsubsection#sverige,
    .subsection#heminredning-presentartiklar, .subsection#semesterbostader
    A:visited { display:none;}

    A-visited is a descendant selector of div classes.
    Which is the syntax to add other descendants selectors to define?

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 4, 2005