Re: classic asp newsgroup dead?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bob Barrows, Feb 3, 2012.

  1. Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Mojo wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Are the ms public newsgroups for asp all dead now?
    >
    > Is there an alternative?

    I'm still here ... waiting for questions to answer.

    There really is nowhere else that I know of.
    Bob Barrows, Feb 3, 2012

  2. On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:55:57 -0500, "Bob Barrows"
    <> wrote:

    >Mojo wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> Are the ms public newsgroups for asp all dead now?
    >>
    >> Is there an alternative?
    >>

    >I'm still here ... waiting for questions to answer.

    I am here, too. I am just getting started with ASP Classic so I
    will not be much help yet. I prefer USENET. It is much easier to
    save old messages.

    >There really is nowhere else that I know of.

    There is a joke about the ALGOL programming language being a
    great improvement over many of its successors. I think that this
    applies to USENET as well. I could probably come up with at least ten
    advantages of USENET over Web forums.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko
    Gene Wirchenko, Feb 3, 2012

  3. Bob Barrows

    Evertjan. Guest

    Bob Barrows wrote on 03 feb 2012 in

    > Mojo wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> Are the ms public newsgroups for asp all dead now?
    >>
    >> Is there an alternative?
    >>

    > I'm still here ... waiting for questions to answer.
    >
    > There really is nowhere else that I know of.

    "here" meaning:

    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

    Not [for me]:

    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp