Re: classpath & too many jars

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jon Skeet, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Jon Skeet

    Jon Skeet Guest

    VisionSet <> wrote:
    > I think I can get 2000 characters on the classpath but I easily exceed this
    > with all the jars req'd for struts, jstl, hibernate, jdbc etc etc
    > First I tried unzipping everything and putting everything in just 1 (or a
    > few) jar. But this doesn't make updating versions easy, and is a big hassle
    > anyway.

    I'd suggest using the extensions mechanism. See
    http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/java/extensions.html

    --
    Jon Skeet - <>
    http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/

    Jon Skeet, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Jon Skeet

    VisionSet Guest

    "Jon Skeet" <> wrote in message

    > I'd suggest using the extensions mechanism. See
    > http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/java/extensions.html

    java -Djava.ext.dirs=c:\mylibs mypackage.MyClass

    Ah I didn't realise you could change this directory, so therefore I can
    specify context/WEB-INF/lib and all will be fine.

    Thanks!

    --
    Mike W

    VisionSet, Jul 22, 2003