    >class HelloWorld
    >>java helloworld

    Can't you see?
    Stefan Ram, Jun 20, 2011

  2. On 20 Jun 2011 21:38:36 GMT, -berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
    wrote:

    >Gene Wirchenko <> writes:
    >>class HelloWorld
    >>>java helloworld

    > Can't you see?

    Yes, I can. How about you? Did you miss this line near the end?
    C:\cbs2dev\test>java HelloWorld
    After all, it was the whole point of my post.

    I made the case error precisely once. It is easy to do. I
    mainly run my program from within the IDE where I need not type the
    classname.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko
    Gene Wirchenko, Jun 21, 2011

  3. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Gene Wirchenko <> writes:
    >On 20 Jun 2011 21:38:36 GMT, -berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
    >wrote:
    >>Gene Wirchenko <> writes:
    >>>class HelloWorld

    >>Can't you see?

    >Yes, I can. How about you? Did you miss this line near the end?
    >C:\cbs2dev\test>java HelloWorld
    >After all, it was the whole point of my post.

    Sorry, I should have read your post more carefully!

    You can write a class »x« (usually, class names should be
    uppercase), so that

    java x helloword

    will search for a file »helloworld.class« /ignoring case/,
    get the correct letter cases from this file name and then
    execute that class using the case correct spelling.

    (BTW, »class A{}class a{}« is a legal Java translation unit
    that might make more problems under Windows than under Linux.)
    Stefan Ram, Jun 21, 2011