Re: Client Destroys My Validated HTML

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne Boswell, Jul 31, 2008.

  1. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fred
    <> writing in

    > I have situations where a client wants to be educated on making
    > changes to their website. I have no problem educating the client on
    > site changes and making posts but they always screw up the validation.
    >
    > Has anybody else run up against this issue and how did you over come
    > it.
    >
    > Is there a software solution? Is there a design method that allows
    > for easy validate changes. Maybe I should lean towards a CMS app that
    > prints validate HTML, I dunno.
    >
    > Thanks for you comments.
    >
    > Fred

    I hear you, brother. I actally have seen something like:
    looked fine to me when I looked at it in the browser".

    This is one of the good things about serving application/xhtml+xml.
    When a broswer like Opera or Firefox encounters malformed markup, it
    won't render the page. IE doesn't understand application/xhtml+xml, it
    has to have text/html, and therefore will not choke on bad markup such
    as that above. At the time, my client was IE only (I have since trained
    her to use Firefox - Opera is just too "techy" for her).

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 31, 2008