Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    the response is always on the same port as the request (actually same tcp/ip
    connection).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Silvia Brunet JOnes" <Silvia Brunet > wrote
    in message news:...
    > does any one knows how to set the range of ports that are used to send the

    response back to the client once the web server has processed it. I want to
    sett the range of ports used to respond to the client.
    bruce barker, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Bruce
    Thank you so much for you answer, I need some help on this one. I allways asumed that my response to the client allways went back on the port the request was issued. However, my network admin is asking me to set the range of ports my web app response. So I asked is the reponse not comming back on port 81 (our local intranet) and he said no. He has been monitoring the port requests and reponses form our web server and said that the web server is randomnly using a port to respond back to the client. In this case to talk to the web server client 1.1.2.1 send a request to server 1.1.1.1:81 the response the server is sending is 1.1.2.1:## where ## seems to be a random number between a certain range of ports. He needs me to set this range of ports in the high end for security purposes.
    I have no idea about this, do you know anyone that can help
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lsdmlhIEJydW5ldCBKb25lcw==?=, Jul 20, 2004