Re: clock for web page help please

Discussion in 'HTML' started by brucie, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. brucie

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    BORG said...

    > I need to have a GMT/UK time clock on a web page but I cant use Java
    > Script, it must be a link to show a clock face as a pic or HTML if
    > possible.

    not possible using html, html doesn't do anything. you're going to
    need some sort of scripting, for a clock in real time it will require
    client side scripting.

    or you can just stick the time on the page using SSIs when the page is
    requested:

    <!--#config timefmt="%H:%M"-->
    <!--#echo var="date_gmt"-->

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 25/June/2003 10:49:56 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 25, 2003

  2. brucie

    Mark Parnell Guest

    BORG wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:54:20 +1000, brucie <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> <!--#config timefmt="%H:%M"-->
    >> <!--#echo var="date_gmt"-->

    > what do I do with this code then ? add it to the HTML

    Yes, wherever you want the time to appear. You should check that your
    server supports server-side includes first.

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jun 25, 2003

  3. brucie

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    BORG said...

    >>or you can just stick the time on the page using SSIs when the page is
    >>requested:
    >>
    >><!--#config timefmt="%H:%M"-->
    >><!--#echo var="date_gmt"-->

    > what do I do with this code then ? add it to the HTML

    %H specifies 24hr time format. %M specifies minutes.

    the above will display: 01:12 GMT

    your server needs to support SSIs and you may need to use the file
    extension .shtml so the server knows to parse the file

    SSI FAQs
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?SSI_FAQs

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 25/June/2003 11:05:32 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 25, 2003
  4. brucie

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    BORG said...

    > mmm. might be problem there, its for this page
    > http://1056450992.camarades.com/
    >
    > and I have no control over the server side. the clock they supply is
    > +4 hours out and no matter how I set it it still wont shoe UK time

    on the add cam setup page is the option to specify your time zone:

    http://ww.com/add.html

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 25/June/2003 11:21:15 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 25, 2003
  5. brucie

    BORG Guest

    BORG, Jun 25, 2003
  6. brucie

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    BORG said...

    >>on the add cam setup page is the option to specify your time zone:
    >>
    >>http://ww.com/add.html

    > don't do a thing, changes nothing on the actual page :(

    the site isn't exactly user friendly. i got there by truncating your
    address to http://camarades.com/ which redirects to : http://ww.com/
    clicking on a link at random then showed the add cam link at the top
    of the page.

    find where it gives instructions for setting up your page with the
    webcam. theres also something there to download, is that the software
    to update your webcam images? is there a time setting option in it?

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 25/June/2003 11:48:54 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 25, 2003
  7. brucie

    rf Guest

    "BORG" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:12:23 +1000, brucie <>
    > wrote:

    > mmm. might be problem there, its for this page
    > http://1056450992.camarades.com/

    While you are fixing your other problems see if you can do something to stop
    the image being downloaded four times a second.

    A 16 K image at 4 times per second adds up to, ah, 225 megabytes per hour.
    That would cost me tens of dollars in bandwidth and wouldn't I be *really*
    pissed off if I hadn't noticed and happened to leave your page on my browser
    canvas overnight and that cost turned into hundreds of dollars.

    I certainly would not go round to your studio. Well, maybe I would, just to
    kick you in the shins :)

    One refresh every minute or ten will be fine.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jun 25, 2003
  8. brucie

    rf Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "BORG" <> wrote in message

    > > mmm. might be problem there, its for this page
    > > http://1056450992.camarades.com/

    [4 refreshes per second]

    More to the point, if ten people look at your page at the same time then
    *your* bandwidth usage is going to go through the roof. Your host will
    probably be in touch with you very shortly :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jun 25, 2003
  9. brucie

    Mark Parnell Guest

    rf wrote:
    > "rf" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "BORG" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://1056450992.camarades.com/

    > [4 refreshes per second]
    >
    > More to the point, if ten people look at your page at the same time
    > then *your* bandwidth usage is going to go through the roof.

    Let's try it, shall we? Ready? One, two, three...

    Mark Parnell, Jun 25, 2003
  10. brucie

    BORG Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:17:12 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    >"rf" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "BORG" <> wrote in message

    >> > mmm. might be problem there, its for this page
    >> > http://1056450992.camarades.com/

    >[4 refreshes per second]
    >
    >More to the point, if ten people look at your page at the same time then
    >*your* bandwidth usage is going to go through the roof. Your host will
    >probably be in touch with you very shortly :)
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    #

    no limit on the bandwidth its a business account

    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    BORG, Jun 25, 2003