Re: Code To Pick A Date From A Calendar

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gene Wirchenko, Aug 8, 2012.

  1. To: Arne Vajhøj
    From: "Gene Wirchenko" <gene.wirchenko@1:261/38.remove-p82-this>

    To: Arne Vajhoj
    From: "Gene Wirchenko" <gene.wirchenko@1:261/38.remove-jwh-this>

    To: Arne Vajhoj
    From: "Gene Wirchenko" <gene.wirchenko@1:261/38.remove-sao-this>

    To: Arne Vajhoj
    From: Gene Wirchenko <>

    On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 20:44:26 -0400, Arne Vajhoj <> wrote:

    >On 8/3/2012 8:58 AM, wrote:
    >> Does the code you posted have a copyright.

    >It is expected that code posted to usenet is free for
    >everybody to use for whatever. Otherwise there were
    >not really any point in posting it.

    Nasty scenario: Get someone to use copyrighted code, and then sue
    them for it. Using a computing technique (modularisation), the poster and the
    suer may be different individuals.

    Copyrighted code posted here is still copyrighted.

    >A lawyer would probably fell down from the chair
    >hearing about such "expectations", but ...

    Well, yes.

    OTOH, if the code is short, I think that that would weaken any
    argument. Most anything posted here (attachments excepted) would be short.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Gene Wirchenko, Aug 8, 2012

  2. Gene Wirchenko

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    To: Gene Wirchenko
    From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
    <=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-k2r-this>

    To: Gene Wirchenko
    From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
    <=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-qhs-this>

    To: Gene Wirchenko
    From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
    <=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-p82-this>

    To: Gene Wirchenko
    From: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= <>

    On 8/5/2012 9:39 PM, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 20:44:26 -0400, Arne Vajhoj <>
    > wrote:
    >> On 8/3/2012 8:58 AM, wrote:
    >>> Does the code you posted have a copyright.

    >> It is expected that code posted to usenet is free for
    >> everybody to use for whatever. Otherwise there were
    >> not really any point in posting it.

    > Nasty scenario: Get someone to use copyrighted code, and then sue
    > them for it. Using a computing technique (modularisation), the poster
    > and the suer may be different individuals.

    Strange things has happened before.

    > Copyrighted code posted here is still copyrighted.

    Obviously code posted here is copyrighted.

    The question is whether posting to usenet implicit provides a "permissible
    license".

    Web fora where users has to register can require an explicit accept.

    SO:

    You agree that all Subscriber Content that You contribute to the Network is
    perpetually and irrevocably licensed to Stack Exchange under the Creative
    Commons Attribution Share Alike license. You grant Stack Exchange the perpetual
    and irrevocable right and license to use, copy, cache, publish, display,
    distribute, modify, create derivative works and store such Subscriber Content
    and to allow others to do so in any medium now known or hereinafter developed
    (rContent License%) in order to provide the Services, even if such Subscriber
    Content has been contributed and subsequently removed by You.

    E-E:

    By registering with Experts Exchange and posting Your Content on the Site, you
    hereby: (i) grant Experts Exchange a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable,
    unrestricted, transferable, fully sub-licensable, worldwide, royalty-free
    license to use, distribute, display, reproduce, perform, modify, adapt,
    publish, translate and create derivative works from Your Content in any form,
    media or technology, whether now-known or hereafter developed;

    I would argue that usenet posts via tradition, logic and similarity comes with
    an implicit license for free usage by anyone.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 10, 2012

  3. To: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=
    From: "Gene Wirchenko" <gene.wirchenko@1:261/38.remove-k2r-this>

    To: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=
    From: "Gene Wirchenko" <gene.wirchenko@1:261/38.remove-qhs-this>

    To: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=
    From: "Gene Wirchenko" <gene.wirchenko@1:261/38.remove-p82-this>

    To: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=
    From: Gene Wirchenko <>

    On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:30:54 -0400, Arne Vajhoj <> wrote:

    >On 8/5/2012 9:39 PM, Gene Wirchenko wrote:

    [snip]

    >> Copyrighted code posted here is still copyrighted.

    >Obviously code posted here is copyrighted.
    >
    >The question is whether posting to usenet implicit
    >provides a "permissible license".
    >
    >Web fora where users has to register can require an
    >explicit accept.
    >
    >SO:
    >
    >You agree that all Subscriber Content that You contribute to the Network
    >is perpetually and irrevocably licensed to Stack Exchange under the
    >Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. You grant Stack

    If I post code that I do not have the copyright for, I can not
    give that right. I can agree with it all I want, but that is not the same
    thing.

    [snip]

    Gene Wirchenko, Aug 10, 2012