Re: Code To Pick A Date From A Calendar

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arne Vajhøj, Aug 9, 2012.

  1. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    To: Mike Winter
    From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
    <=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-qhs-this>

    To: Mike Winter
    From: "=?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?="
    <=?windows-1252?q?arne_vajh=f8j?=@1:261/38.remove-p82-this>

    To: Mike Winter
    From: =?windows-1252?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= <>

    On 8/6/2012 8:07 PM, Mike Winter wrote:
    > On 07/08/2012 00:30, Arne Vajhoj wrote:
    >
    >> Obviously code posted here is copyrighted.
    >>
    >> The question is whether posting to usenet implicit
    >> provides a "permissible license".
    >>
    >> Web fora where users has to register can require an
    >> explicit accept.
    >>
    >> SO:
    >>
    >> You agree that all Subscriber Content that You contribute to the Network
    >> is perpetually and irrevocably licensed to Stack Exchange under the
    >> Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. You grant Stack
    >> Exchange the perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, copy,
    >> cache, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works and
    >> store such Subscriber Content and to allow others to do so in any medium
    >> now known or hereinafter developed (rContent License%) in order to
    >> provide the Services, even if such Subscriber Content has been
    >> contributed and subsequently removed by You.
    >>
    >> E-E:
    >>
    >> By registering with Experts Exchange and posting Your Content on the
    >> Site, you hereby: (i) grant Experts Exchange a non-exclusive, perpetual,
    >> irrevocable, unrestricted, transferable, fully sub-licensable,
    >> worldwide, royalty-free license to use, distribute, display, reproduce,
    >> perform, modify, adapt, publish, translate and create derivative works
    >> from Your Content in any form, media or technology, whether now-known or
    >> hereafter developed;
    >>
    >> I would argue that usenet posts via tradition, logic and
    >> similarity comes with an implicit license for free
    >> usage by anyone.

    > If I'm not mistaken, those sorts of licenses are merely to permit sites
    > that retain user submissions to store that content and resend it others
    > in some form (usually forums) without infringing on copyright. It
    > doesn't automatically allow other users to use that content as it's the
    > site that is granted the license--the work isn't placed into the Public
    > Domain.
    >
    > Of course, these licenses do mean that such websites could, in
    > principle, take someones hard work and use it themselves even though the
    > original creator retains ownership.
    >
    > I would argue that the "to allow others" phrase in the Stack Exchange
    > terms is intended to refer only to third-parties that work with them to
    > provide or develop its services rather than others generally, but it's
    > ill-defined here and could extend to anyone SE deems applicable.

    Without any limitation mentioned I would expect that other could be literally
    anyone.

    Study of "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike" may provide more insight,
    but I am not on SO so I do not care much.

    Arne

    Arne

    Arne

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 9, 2012