Re: COM to RMI Connectivity?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tom Davies, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Tom Davies

    Tom Davies Guest

    Frank D. Greco wrote:
    > I need to connect an existing VB app to a backend Java server
    > that speaks RMI.
    >
    > I'd like to avoid the really old Microsoft 1.1 JVM; any suggestions
    > on a COM/Java bridge that uses a modern JVM (at least 1.2+) are
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > We're looking at web services, but we need a short-term solution
    > as part of a migration strategy.

    Look at J-Integra http://www.linar.com/

    Tom
    Tom Davies, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Tom Davies <> sez:

    >Frank D. Greco wrote:
    >> I need to connect an existing VB app to a backend Java server
    >> that speaks RMI.
    >>
    >> I'd like to avoid the really old Microsoft 1.1 JVM; any suggestions
    >> on a COM/Java bridge that uses a modern JVM (at least 1.2+) are
    >> greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> We're looking at web services, but we need a short-term solution
    >> as part of a migration strategy.

    >Look at J-Integra http://www.linar.com/

    Thanks Tom.

    I noticed the press releases from about a year ago that BEA
    licensed J-Integra, but BEA is now pushing "JCOM". Is JCOM just
    BEA's name for J-Integra? I tried to google for this but came
    up empty on definitive answers.

    Frank G.
    | Crossroads Technologies Inc. |
    | Enterprise Java Engineering |