Re: command string good in subprocess.Popen(string) fails inprocess.Process(string)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Trent Mick, May 16, 2005.

  1. Trent Mick

    Trent Mick Guest

    [Earl Eiland wrote]

    > The command string consists of "filename.exe instruction1 instruction2
    > ..." It works in subprocess, but in process, returns the error "can't
    > find the file instruction1".
    >
    > How do I pass command line instructions in process.Process? I tried a
    > list ['filename.exe', 'instruction1 instruction2 ...'] with the same
    > result.
    >
    > If you're wondering why I'm switching, it's because I'm working with a
    > poorly behaved 3rd party program that causes a severe memory leak, and I
    > need the process modules timed "wait(n)" method (or write my own).

    Can you post a little snippet and show the exact traceback you are
    getting? I suspect the problem might stem from a stupid buglet in the
    latest process.py available from my starship pages because I've
    neglected updating it in a long while.

    Cheers,
    Trent

    --