Re: COMMAPI

Discussion in 'Java' started by Elias Martenson, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Den Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:24:23 +0200 skrev S. Balk:

    >> Comment faire pour utiliser les ports COM avec java sous Linux ?
    >>
    >> Je n'ai pas trouvé sur le site Sun de COMMAPI spécifique Linux, c'est

    > windows ou
    >> solaris

    > there are 3 versions:
    > 1. windows
    > 2. solaris
    > 3. x86
    >
    > you need #3
    > http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/

    No, x86 is for Solaris x86, not Linux. What the OP needs is the real Linux
    version, which is available for the IBM VM here:
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux140/

    I'm also pretty sure I saw a javacomm implementation from Blackdown
    (http://www.blackdown.org/), however, I can't find anything on their site
    now.

    Elias Martenson, Jul 6, 2003

  2. "Elias Martenson" <> wrote in message
    > Den Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:24:23 +0200 skrev S. Balk:
    >
    > >> Comment faire pour utiliser les ports COM avec java sous Linux ?
    > >>
    > >> Je n'ai pas trouvé sur le site Sun de COMMAPI spécifique Linux, c'est

    > > windows ou
    > >> solaris

    > > there are 3 versions:
    > > 1. windows
    > > 2. solaris
    > > 3. x86
    > >
    > > you need #3
    > > http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/

    > No, x86 is for Solaris x86, not Linux. What the OP needs is the real Linux
    > version, which is available for the IBM VM here:
    > http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux140/
    >
    > I'm also pretty sure I saw a javacomm implementation from Blackdown
    > (http://www.blackdown.org/), however, I can't find anything on their site
    > now.

    OP [Google Translated]

    > Hello, How to make to use the ports COM with java under Linux? I did not

    find on the Sun site of specific
    > COMMAPI Linux, it is Windows or solaris Merci

    Try searching Google for "serial port java linux" and you'll find plenty of
    help.

    DM McGowan II, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Elias Martenson

    Cedric Guest