Re: Commercial or Famous Applicattions.?

Discussion in 'Python' started by John Bond, Nov 9, 2010.

  1. John Bond

    John Bond Guest

    On 9/11/2010 12:18 AM, Jorge Biquez wrote:
    > Hello all.
    >
    > Newbie question. Sorry.
    >
    > Can you mention applications/systems/solutions made with Python that
    > are well known and used by public in general? ANd that maybe we do not
    > know they are done with Python?

    > Jorge Biquez

    Keep in mind that Python is also popular in frameworks such as Zope and
    Twisted, and things based on them are based on Python. It's also been
    reasonably popular and well supported on Symbian smartphones.

    The Wing IDE is a good example of a commercial Python app on the desktop.

    I once got asked to write a list things that I'd make different in the
    technology world if I could, to make it better for everyone. Number 3
    was "everywhere you now see Javascript or PHP, you'd see Python
    instead". If only...

    Cheers, JB

    John Bond, Nov 9, 2010

  2. In message <>, John Bond
    wrote:

    > I once got asked to write a list things that I'd make different in the
    > technology world if I could, to make it better for everyone. Number 3
    > was "everywhere you now see Javascript or PHP, you'd see Python
    > instead". If only...

    PHP yes, JavaScript no.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 9, 2010

  3. John Bond

    John Bond Guest

    On 9/11/2010 5:54 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message<>, John Bond
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I once got asked to write a list things that I'd make different in the
    >> technology world if I could, to make it better for everyone. Number 3
    >> was "everywhere you now see Javascript or PHP, you'd see Python
    >> instead". If only...

    > PHP yes, JavaScript no.

    Without wanting to go too far o/t, why?

    Cheers, JB.

    John Bond, Nov 9, 2010
  4. Re: JavaScript vs Python (was Re: Commercial or Famous Applicattions.?)

    In message <>, John Bond
    wrote:

    > On 9/11/2010 5:54 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> In message<>, John Bond
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I once got asked to write a list things that I'd make different in the
    >>> technology world if I could, to make it better for everyone. Number 3
    >>> was "everywhere you now see Javascript or PHP, you'd see Python
    >>> instead". If only...

    >> PHP yes, JavaScript no.
    >>

    > ... why?

    Because JavaScript is actually a decent language in its own right.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 9, 2010
  5. John Bond

    Chris Rebert Guest

    Re: JavaScript vs Python (was Re: Commercial or FamousApplicattions.?)

    On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <> wrote:
    > In message <>, John Bond
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/11/2010 5:54 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> PHP yes, JavaScript no.
    >>>

    >> ... why?

    > Because JavaScript is actually a decent language in its own right.

    "The Good Parts" of it anyway.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    Chris Rebert, Nov 9, 2010
  6. Re: JavaScript vs Python

    In message <>, Chris
    Rebert wrote:

    > On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Because JavaScript is actually a decent language in its own right.

    > "The Good Parts" of it anyway.

    Python, too, has its good parts, you have to admit...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 9, 2010
  7. John Bond

    Stef Mientki Guest

    Re: JavaScript vs Python

    On 09-11-2010 10:25, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, Chris
    > Rebert wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Because JavaScript is actually a decent language in its own right.

    >> "The Good Parts" of it anyway.

    > Python, too, has its good parts, you have to admit...

    And there's a (or even more) Python to JS compilers,
    I never heard of a JS to Python compiler.

    cheers,
    Stef

    Stef Mientki, Nov 9, 2010