Re: Comparing Arbitrary-Precision Integers

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Noob, Jul 30, 2012.

  1. Noob

    Noob Guest

    David T. Ashley wrote:

    > The GMP is pretty cool. I use it in fact under Cygwin or on a *nix
    > box to generate test cases for embedded code that deals with large
    > integers.
    >
    > And when I want to investigate the best integer algorithms, the GMP
    > source code and manual is usually the first place I go (as well as
    > TAOCP).

    I think you might enjoy fefe's article:
    http://dl.fefe.de/bignum.pdf

    You might also want to take a look at TomsFastMath:
    http://libtom.org/?page=features&whatfile=tfm
    (of interest to you: ARM-optimized asm, no heap usage)

    cf. also the accompanying PDF:
    https://github.com/libtom/tomsfastmath/raw/master/doc/tfm.pdf

    Regards.

    Noob, Jul 30, 2012