Re: Compilation error reason???

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Weng Tianxiang, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. The problem is resolved with help from Altera field engineer Mark
    Vanderzalm.

    I set the right option for project in ModelSim, but two individual
    files have their own option windows that take precedence over project
    option window setting, causing trouble:

    Right project option window setting:
    "Use 1993 Language Syntex" = 1
    "Using explicit Declaration Only" = 0

    Wrong file option window setting(never thought there are individual
    file compiler option setting):
    "Use 1993 Language Syntex" = 0
    "Using explicit Declaration Only" = 1

    That causes ModelSim compiler to fail to recognize X"xxx" bit string
    for wrong setting files.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Weng Tianxiang wrote:
    > The problem is resolved with help from Altera field engineer Mark
    > Vanderzalm.
    >
    > I set the right option for project in ModelSim, but two individual
    > files have their own option windows that take precedence over project
    > option window setting, causing trouble:
    >
    > Right project option window setting:
    > "Use 1993 Language Syntex" = 1
    > "Using explicit Declaration Only" = 0
    >
    > Wrong file option window setting(never thought there are individual
    > file compiler option setting):

    It makes no sense to me either.
    This is the main reason I use modelsim only for simulation,
    not compilation. Once a file is compiled as -87 it is
    branded for life. Consider emacs vhdlmode or vcom scripts for
    compilation.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jul 24, 2003