Re: compile python 3.3 with bz2 support

Discussion in 'Python' started by Benjamin Kaplan, Dec 22, 2012.

  1. On Dec 21, 2012 1:31 AM, "Isml" <> wrote:

    > hi, everyone:
    > I want to compile python 3.3 with bz2 support on RedHat 5.5 but fail

    to do that. Here is how I do it:
    > 1. download bzip2 and compile it(makeã€make -f Makefile_libbz2_soã€make

    install)
    > 2.chang to python 3.3 source directory : ./configure

    --with-bz2=/usr/local/include
    > 3. make
    > 4. make install
    >
    > after installation complete, I test it:
    > [root@localhost Python-3.3.0]# python3 -c "import bz2"
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    > File "/usr/local/lib/python3.3/bz2.py", line 21, in <module>
    > from _bz2 import BZ2Compressor, BZ2Decompressor
    > ImportError: No module named '_bz2'
    > By the way, RedHat 5.5 has a built-in python 2.4.3. Would it be a problem?
    >

    > --

    What is the output of configure? The last thing it does is list which
    modules are not going to be built. Is bz2 on the list? What does configure
    say when it's looking for bz2?

    Benjamin Kaplan, Dec 22, 2012