Re: compiler front-end

Discussion in 'C++' started by eerpini, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. eerpini

    eerpini Guest

    On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 00:03 -0800, vaib wrote:
    > hi all ,
    >
    > I am willing to write a compiler front-end for my semester
    > project . I am studying compilers in my present semester and I am
    > following the Dragon Book for the theory and Allen I. Holub's Compiler
    > Design in C for the _actual stuff_ .

    I see that you have posted the same in comp.lang.c , and you also mentioned that you wanted to design a C compiler front end then why post it again in comp.lang.c++ ??

    eerpini, Nov 17, 2008

  2. eerpini

    dot Guest

    eerpini wrote:
    > On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 00:03 -0800, vaib wrote:
    >> hi all ,
    >>
    >> I am willing to write a compiler front-end for my semester
    >> project . I am studying compilers in my present semester and I am
    >> following the Dragon Book for the theory and Allen I. Holub's Compiler
    >> Design in C for the _actual stuff_ .

    > I see that you have posted the same in comp.lang.c , and you also mentioned that you wanted to design a C compiler front end then why post it again in comp.lang.c++ ??

    Well a C++ compiler is also largely a C compiler ain't it ;)

    dot, Nov 17, 2008

  3. eerpini

    vaib Guest

    On Nov 17, 3:35 pm, dot <"benhongh(at)gmail(dot)com"@nowhere> wrote:
    > eerpini wrote:
    > > On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 00:03 -0800, vaib wrote:
    > >> hi all ,

    > >>          I am willing to write a compiler front-end for my semester
    > >> project . I am studying compilers in my present semester and I am
    > >> following the Dragon Book for the theory and Allen I. Holub's Compiler
    > >> Design in C for the _actual stuff_ .

    > >  I see that you have posted the same in comp.lang.c , and you also mentioned that you wanted to design a C compiler front end then why post it again in comp.lang.c++ ??

    > Well a C++ compiler is also largely a C compiler ain't it ;)

    yes i think i would not post here anymore . i got the right thread .
    and i'll also not multi-post again . it's rude .

    vaib, Nov 19, 2008