Re: Complex digital ICs visual simulation?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Michael, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi Kevin Aylward (), you wrote:

    >> If I e.g. place a RAM component into MultiSim, will it simulate
    >> it? I.e. can I (using switches and hex displays) write on the
    >> RAM and then read back? Is the IC really simulated, or it's just
    >> a graphic symbol?
    >>
    >> If so, is there any other program that will do it?

    > In principle yes. This depend on if you can figure out how to drive
    > multisim.

    [snip]

    Thanks for your reply. I managed to enter data into the simulated
    RAM via switches, and read it back correctly using hex displays.

    But, ain't it possible to directly load a binary file into the
    simulated RAM (or EPROM) to initialize its values?

    I'd like to design a very simple CPU, and having to load the program
    each time via switches is, to say the very least, tedious.

    Thanks!
    --
    Mike

    Michael, Sep 2, 2003