Re: computer unable to load _pysvn.pyc

Discussion in 'Python' started by Timothy Smith, May 9, 2005.

  1. Timothy Smith wrote:

    >this is truely maddening
    >
    >Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "PubWare.py", line 11, in ?
    > File "Main.pyc", line 46, in ?
    > File "pysvn\__init__.pyc", line 12, in ?
    > File "pysvn\_pysvn.pyc", line 9, in ?
    > File "pysvn\_pysvn.pyc", line 7, in __load
    >ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not
    >functioning.
    >
    >any ideas? it works perfectly on another computer

    ok more information - windows 98 computers have this issue, xp computers
    are fine.
    how do i work around this? obviously one of the pysvn dll's won't load
    on win98.
    note this is py2exe package made on a windows xp system
    Timothy Smith, May 9, 2005

  2. "Timothy Smith" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    | Timothy Smith wrote:
    |
    | >this is truely maddening
    | >
    | >Traceback (most recent call last):
    | > File "PubWare.py", line 11, in ?
    | > File "Main.pyc", line 46, in ?
    | > File "pysvn\__init__.pyc", line 12, in ?
    | > File "pysvn\_pysvn.pyc", line 9, in ?
    | > File "pysvn\_pysvn.pyc", line 7, in __load
    | >ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not
    | >functioning.
    | >
    | >any ideas? it works perfectly on another computer
    | >

    | ok more information - windows 98 computers have this issue, xp computers
    | are fine.
    | how do i work around this? obviously one of the pysvn dll's won't load
    | on win98.

    First, you will need to establish which .dll this is. Than check if the .dll
    has any dependencies that are not present on the host system (using
    depends.exe for example) -- i.e. function calls that are not supported.

    --

    Vincent Wehren

    vincent wehren, May 9, 2005

  3. vincent wehren wrote:

    >"Timothy Smith" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >| Timothy Smith wrote:
    >|
    >| >this is truely maddening
    >| >
    >| >Traceback (most recent call last):
    >| > File "PubWare.py", line 11, in ?
    >| > File "Main.pyc", line 46, in ?
    >| > File "pysvn\__init__.pyc", line 12, in ?
    >| > File "pysvn\_pysvn.pyc", line 9, in ?
    >| > File "pysvn\_pysvn.pyc", line 7, in __load
    >| >ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not
    >| >functioning.
    >| >
    >| >any ideas? it works perfectly on another computer
    >| >

    >| ok more information - windows 98 computers have this issue, xp computers
    >| are fine.
    >| how do i work around this? obviously one of the pysvn dll's won't load
    >| on win98.
    >
    >First, you will need to establish which .dll this is. Than check if the .dll
    >has any dependencies that are not present on the host system (using
    >depends.exe for example) -- i.e. function calls that are not supported.
    >
    >--
    >
    >Vincent Wehren
    >

    >| note this is py2exe package made on a windows xp system

    i think i'll wait for a response from barry scott the maintainer of
    pysvn. buggering around trying to find some dll that it's calling most
    likely won't get me anywhere anyway.
    bloody windows - DLL HELL
    Timothy Smith, May 9, 2005