Re: Considering moving from Delphi to Python [Some questions]

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dark Cowherd, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. Dark Cowherd

    Dark Cowherd Guest

    Stupid of me.

    I want some feedback on folllwing:
    anybody who has experience in writing SOAP servers in Python and data
    entry heavy web applications.
    Any suggestions?
    darkcowherd

    Dark Cowherd, Jul 5, 2005

  2. > I want some feedback on folllwing:
    > anybody who has experience in writing SOAP servers in Python and data
    > entry heavy web applications.
    > Any suggestions?
    > darkcowherd

    I have never written SOAP Servers. But I have very very good experience
    in creating entry heavy web application using Python and Quixote;
    Webserver Medusa.

    The current entry forms have at maximum 700 distinct entries, of which
    groups can be multiplied via XMLHTTPRequest and DOM-Modifikation
    without page reloading.
    Speed is great. Because of very slow rendering and various buggies
    within IE (beast took longer to render then me to deliver) we switched
    to Firefox.

    System is performing adequately well and is being constantly extended;
    Pythons clear structure makes that easy.

    Hope that helps,

    Harald
    Harald Armin Massa, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Dark Cowherd

    Guest

    Dark Cowherd wrote:
    > Stupid of me.
    >
    > I want some feedback on folllwing:
    > anybody who has experience in writing SOAP servers in Python and data
    > entry heavy web applications.
    > Any suggestions?
    > darkcowherd

    Check ZSI, or SOAPPY, both on Python Web Services
    http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
    I usually use ZSI. You cannot generate wsdl files from python code, so
    if I were in your shoes I would write the Delphi side and generate the
    wsdl file then use it in python.

    I never tested interoperability of Delphi & ZSI by the way, though I
    would love to. Please inform us if you do try it.

    btw, elementtree has an attempt at elementsoap but i don't think they
    went very far..

    cheers,
    , Jul 7, 2005