Re: container moved down by a menu

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tim Streater, Nov 13, 2013.

  1. Tim Streater

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <>, Bob H
    <> wrote:

    > I used a 1 column with elastic header and footer template from
    > Dreamweaver CS4 for another webpage, then added the menu I put on the
    > front page.
    >
    > The template on its own was hard up to the top of the page when
    > published, then I added the menu and the whole container has moved down
    > the page by about 20px's.
    >
    > http://www.bob2cat.org.uk/GarysBeds/SleighBedColl.html

    So which is the bit you don't want? The white space above the menu
    headers, or the grey space above that which contains --> ??

    It looks like you inserted some CSS but in the wrong place so you have
    this:

    which is AFAIK wrong, although whether it harms or not I don't know.
    The --> is because as a result of the wrong placement of the CSS you've
    got overlapping comments.

    > I used this line again:
    > to see if it would do the same as on another webpage, but it didn't as
    > you can see.

    Really no point in doing that if you don't know why it worked on the
    other page.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Nov 13, 2013