Re: container moved down by a menu

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Nov 13, 2013.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:42:52 +0000, Bob H wrote:

    > I used a 1 column with elastic header and footer template from
    > Dreamweaver CS4 for another webpage, then added the menu I put on the
    > front page.
    >
    > The template on its own was hard up to the top of the page when
    > published, then I added the menu and the whole container has moved down
    > the page by about 20px's.
    >
    > http://www.bob2cat.org.uk/GarysBeds/SleighBedColl.html
    >
    > I used this line again:
    > to see if it would do the same as on another webpage, but it didn't as
    > you can see.
    >
    > The menu is where I want it on the header, and there is white space
    > above it which I assume is part of the main content.

    ..oneColElsCtrHdr #header {
    background: #DDDDDD;
    padding: 0 10px 0 20px; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    You don't see the header until it gets used.
    Now that you've inserted the menu, the padding assignment comes into play.
    Change the 20 to zero or any other number and see if the distance changes.
    or just change to padding:10px; then all sides will be equal.

    Quite frankly, DW is bloatware.
    richard, Nov 13, 2013