Re: converting latitude and longitude

Discussion in 'Python' started by MRAB, Nov 13, 2009.

  1. MRAB

    MRAB Guest

    Ronn Ross wrote:

    > I'm attempting to convert latitude and longitude coordinates from
    > degrees minutes and second to decimal form. I would like to go from:
    > N39 42 36.3 W77 42 51.5
    >
    > to:
    > -77.739855,39.706666
    >
    > Does anyone know of a library or some existing out their to help with
    > this conversion?

    The conversion is simple enough. Why do you need a library?

    BTW, are you sure the values are correct? I get '-77.714306,39.710083'.
    MRAB, Nov 13, 2009

  2. MRAB

    ezd Guest

    On Nov 13, 2:25 pm, MRAB <> wrote:
    > Ronn Ross wrote:
    >
    > > I'm attempting to convert latitude and longitude coordinates from ...
    > > Does anyone know of a library or some existing out their to help with
    > > this conversion?

    Some time ago I saw file named LLUTM... for such conversions with more
    than 20 ellipsoids.
    Language of the file - C or Python, not sure. Try Google for LLUTM to
    find more.
    Regards, Eugene
    ezd, Nov 13, 2009